A+PEL provides you with a legislative voice by utilizing results collected from membership surveys. Survey responses are collected, analyzed, and then shared with all legislators and members of BESE through various forms of communication.
We provide our members with comprehensive services relative to state government.
- A+PEL maintains relationships with fundamental leaders in government and we solicit their support on issues affecting educators. Our members receive representation before state agencies, legislative committees and the Louisiana Legislature.
- A+PEL routinely monitors and informs members about Legislative policies and issues that are applicable to their profession. By utilizing our website, newsletters, and blast e-mails, our members stay informed.
- A+PEL also monitors the State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE) meetings. We provide updates on decisions that affect education policies.
- We have representation on various BESE and Department of Education committees, councils and task forces.
- We do not tell our members how to vote.
- We do not use our members’ dues to pay for political agendas.
- We are a "voice” for our members and we work hand-in-hand with various coalitions, striving towards the same goals:
"…promoting a proficient community of actively involved educators by building the capacity for teaching and learning so students flourish as life-long learners and productive citizens.”
Join A+PEL Now!